Before starting the discussion, I would like to tell you something about Mechanical Engineering, so let’s dive into it!
What is Mechanical Engineering?
In Engineering the Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering.
It is a combination of Physics and Mathematics principles with Material science to analyze design manufacture and maintain the mechanical systems.
It also deals with mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, structural analysis, structural analysis, and electricity.
It also deals with other design books and software like CAD (Computer Added Design), CAM (Computer Added Manufacturing) and product life cycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, transport systems, aircraft, heating and cooling system, robotics, watercraft, medical devices, weapons, and others.
Mechanical is the branch of engineering that involves the production, design, and operation of machinery.
Who can be a Mechanical Engineer?
In India for a Mechanical engineer, must have 12th std subject of science and math, ITI in Mechanical or Diploma in that field and after that graduation in Mechanical engineering.
During Mechanical Engineering courses we study several subjects like
1. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
2. Thermodynamics complete
3. Refrigerator and Air conditioning
4. Heat and mass transfer
5. Theory of machine
6. Manufacturing Engineering
7. Automobile Engineering.
When you read these subjects completely, great knowledge of mechanical will have and that can be applied to several other systems as per the requirement of a specific domain.
Like now you are reading this blog from your phone or laptop. So you know the laptop or mobile gets heat after using some time. So here the application of thermodynamics and Refrigerator and air conditioning are used for not to heat system much.
When you read the theory of machines that help you in the field of mechanics and manufacturing of vehicles.
So, there are several applications of Mechanical Engineering.
8 Points in which mechanical engineers are involved:
1. Mechanical engineers are involved with the design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, control, operation, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
2. In Manufacturing Industry Mechanical Engineers play a vital role.
The machines you might know Lathe Machine, Milling Machine, Shaper Machine these are core machines of Mechanical engineers.
(a). Several operations are performed on these machines.
3. The key role of mechanical engineers is in the Automotive sector too.
4. Mechanical Engineering deals with all aspects of the conversion of thermal energy into useful work and the machines that make this possible.
5. Mechanical Engineers are involved in the manufacturing of various vans like Scooter, Bicycle, truck and much more.
6. It also plays a major role in railway construction works.
7. Global opportunities: There isn’t a country in the world that doesn’t need its engineers and there are many mechanical engineering courses that can testify to that.
8. We study the subject like Heat and Mass Transfer, Refrigeration and Air conditioning which gives immense knowledge that can help to fix the heat problem of any system or instruments.
Amrit Kumar is a Co-Founder of India’s Most Trusted Mechanical Blog Learn Mechanical, by education Amrit completes his diploma along with B-tech in Mechanical Engineering!